Saturday, May 19, 2012

Right Here, Right Now

Found an old Olympic Beer in the attic (Little Bit says she wants a sip!)...we ripped out the carpet in the Master...hardwoods aren't in the budget, so we're enjoying concrete for now-and NO NASTY DOG SMELL! Yay!!! (And it hit me while shop vac-ing the concrete...why not paint it??)

The bug made it's way through all of us. I was the last to go down and thought I'd escaped it!

I got to spend a few hours Thursday night with two old friends...it was a balm to my soul. A major turning point.

Thank YOU for all of your sweet words and encouragement! Y'all are precious. This has been a crazy ride...a hard ride. I haven't handled things as well as I'd have liked. I've sinned in amazing new ways, and old ways...freaked out...been short, fussed, had a sharp tongue, etc. And I've learned a lot of ways to minister to families when they move. Y'all, it is hard. And unpacking and homeschooling and laundry and cooking and trying to settle in-and all in a new town-it's a lot on a person. And I know others going through and dealing with SO much more. Basically-it's been really hard. I haven't wholeheartedly and with a good attitude stepped up to the plate. I just haven't. Failed.

And God is gracious. And forgiving. His mercies are new every morning. And my husband knows Jesus and fleshes out the Gospel. And my children are forgiving. And I am humbled and thankful.

Moving is hard. God is good. Sometimes you just gotta deal. I've learned some lessons. And I've messed up big time. I pray I can finish strong...'cause we ain't settled yet.

The End.

5 comments:

  1. I've been realizing a lot lately, especially over the past few days, that it's the hard stuff and the ugly stuff and the wearisome stuff that allows me to taste His grace more deeply. How humbling! The more I receive His grace the more I realize how undeserving I am of it... except that He has made me His own, clothed me in His own cloak of righteousness. Wow.

    You are weary, but praise God, you're weary in an ocean of grace. Amen! Thinking of you so often, my friend, and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Hugs))) to you my sweet friend! Don't try to do it all! Homeschool can wait (where have you heard that before? LOL!) And be patient with yourself...don't try to get it all done at once and don't try to be *normal* too soon. And yes, paint that floor...but not yet! One step at a time...day by day. It will all get done!

    So sorry you got sick too. I have been praying for you. I will pray right now as I go cook some dinner.

    Love to you!
    Camille xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SHOULD TOTALLY PAINT THE CONCRETE! Stripes? Hmm.... 36 inch checks... hmmmmm.... funky rug under the beautiful antique bed... hmmmmm.... OH, I am jealous of all the fun this will be WHEN YOU LOOK BACK ON IT! (but, right now; well right now- it just is what it is!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS- God sent you a message... sent back, sip a beer & let it come as it comes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moments that require fortitude are moments that lead us back to Him. In this, I am learning I can thankful, as James suggests, for all things.

    Right there in crazy-land with you! Hang in there and get better soon!

    (ps-thanks for all the blog comments. a cheery spot to my day!)

    ReplyDelete